If you were under the impression that having your windows tinted would eliminate the need to clean them on a regular basis, you were incorrect. Whatever your windows are made of, whether they are tinted or transparent like a looking glass, you will still have to put in a lot of work to keep them clean.Windows that are tinted can help to keep the interior of your car cool, provide you with greater privacy, and make your vehicle appear more aesthetically pleasing. If you are cleaning your windows, it might be difficult to choose which chemicals would best preserve your vehicle and the tint inside.
Cleaning Tinted Windows in 5 Easy Steps
- You should park your automobile in an area with shade.
- If you have a dirty automobile, open the doors and check the glass for significantly soiled areas.
- Wipe off each window with a gentle cloth after using an ammonia-free cleaner.
- To remove any remaining liquid, begin at the very top of the window and work your way down.
- Wipe the colored film with a cloth if there is any moisture around the margins of the film
Cleaning Tinted Car Windows
Glass cleaner in the form of Simple Green should be used. After spraying the product on your microfiber cloth, remove the cloth from the container. To clean, you’ll want to use one microfiber cloth, and a different one to dry with. Ensure that cleaning does not go into the corners of your tint. The tinting may lose its stickiness and begin to pull away from the glass if liquid gets below it.To begin, wipe the entire window vertically, followed by a second wipe of the full window horizontally. It is likely that your window or your fabric was very unclean if you notice streaks left behind. Make careful to use a clean cloth to reapply the cleaning if necessary.
weatherstripping must be cleaned
Many automobile owners overlook the weatherstripping, which is a rubber barrier that wraps around the edges of their car windows. During the process of rolling your windows up and down, dirt, pebbles, and grime from the rest of your window surface can become entangled in the weatherstripping and begin to grind against your windows, causing damage to your tint. Using a detailer such as Hybrid Solutions Streak-Free Mist, thoroughly clean this section of the car. This sophisticated interior cleaning spray leaves a glossy coating of protectants and UV inhibitors behind, which helps to prevent weatherstripping from becoming dry and brittle while also making it simpler to clean the interior of your vehicle.
Preparation is key to success
Preventing broken windows begins with ensuring that the carwash technician who will be conducting the jobs has the proper equipment. Examples of such items are:
- A shady place rather than direct sunshine is preferable when washing an automobile since it allows the paint to dry faster. Your task will be made easier as a result, and there will be fewer chances of wet stains forming.
- Never use abrasive paper or cotton towels instead of microfiber. They are soft and absorb a lot of water, which makes them ideal for use in the bath. Preparation: Prepare at least one towel for applying the wash solution and another towel for drying after washing.
- As an aside, while tint is often applied to the interior of windows rather than the exterior, ammonia-free soap is normally preferred for use on all surfaces of a vehicle.
- It’s best to park under a tree
Window cleaner will dry too rapidly if it is applied to windows in full sunshine, making it difficult to clean them thoroughly. Park your automobile in an open area with plenty of shade or in a garage so that it can dry. Try to stay away from parking your automobile under sap-producing trees such as pines, since sap from these trees can harm the finish of your vehicle.
- Last but not least, wash your windows
Leave the windows till last while cleaning your automobile. By doing so, you’ll avoid accidentally rinsing or spraying dirt on freshly cleaned windows. Furthermore, if you’re using any other ammonia-based cleansers, be careful not to get any on your tinting byaccident. To make washing your tinted windows easier at the end, apply the tint-safe cleaner to your glass ahead of time.
- Dust and filth may be removed by spraying a tint-friendly cleaner on them.
Window interiors and exteriors can both benefit from the use of an ammonia-free cleaning agent. According to the bottle’s instructions, you may need to mix your cleaner in a bucket first. Using a different method for wiping the interiors and exteriors can help you avoid missing anything. For example, horizontally instead of vertically will help you avoid missing anything. Clean along the tint film edges with a moist cloth, then dry the edges with a dry cloth to prevent cleaner from seeping beneath the tint film and affecting the film itself.
- For excessively unclean windows, a gallon of water should be used.
To avoid spreading dirt around your windows if your windows are particularly unclean, rinse your cleaning cloth in water on a frequent basis when washing your windows. Take care not to get the margins of the tinting too wet with the cleaning or water while applying the cleanser. It is possible for tint film to peel away from the window if moisture penetrates beneath the layer of film used.
Cleaning Tinted Windows
Using your bottle of vision clear, shake it vigorously for around 5-10 seconds.
- Maintain the upright position of the dispenser.
- Aim the valve opening toward the window that will be sprayed, keeping it about 8-12 inches away from the surface of the window frame.
- Press the button to spray a tiny mist of water onto the surface.
- Apply a thin layer of glass cleaner to the whole window surface.
- Using a cloth, rub the area until it is clear.