A Chic Swimming Pool Alternative for Small Backyards
A swimming pool is one of the best things you can have in your backyard. It will not only beautify it but provide hours of fun for yourself and your family members. However, not everyone has enough space to build a large swimming pool. This is especially true if you live in an apartment or have limited financial means. There is a way to have a swimming pool without the extra cost, time and land required for installation in your backyard.
A chic swimming pool alternative for small backyards is all you need to enjoy yourself and rejuvenate your body as well as mind. Just follow the tips below to make sure you choose the right type of this small backyard contraption. Then make sure that you install it properly so that it meets all safety standards of the current times.
10 Best Chic Swimming Pool Alternatives
1. Build a Pergola
How to turn your empty space into a chic swimming pool alternative? When you live in a small space, it’s hard to find room for a pool. But all you need is an empty space. Build a pergola, a pergola doesn’t take up much room and can add shade, security and privacy to your outdoor living space. Pergolas are made from wood and metal, or even brick-and-mortar if you want something more permanent.
2. Put a pond in the ground or above it
When you install your pond in the ground, it will blend seamlessly into your landscape. This is especially useful if you want to incorporate plants into your design. You can also use pebbles or stones around the edges of the pond bed to create more texture in your landscape design while still keeping it low maintenance. Ponds are beautiful and peaceful, just look at any Koi fish pond!
3. Create a courtyard swimming pool
To create a courtyard swimming pool, you will need to remove the grass from the space and then fill it with water. This can be done by digging out a hole in the grass and then filling it with water. You can fill it with dirt or sand to create a beach-like feel. To make the space look like a real pool, add some fake plants and flowers around it. You can also add some chairs and tables to make your patio look like an outdoor living room.
4. Create a small plunge pool
Creating a plunge pool or spa is a great way to add some fun elements to your backyard. Convert a hot tub into an infinity style plunge pool. This type of plunge pool calls for just two walls made of glass, with the water flowing over them into an infinity edge. The result is a unique look that makes the water seem like it goes on forever, even though it doesn’t! Install two walls with glass windows in between them. This design allows you to see through both walls and enjoy watching swimmers as they move through the water.
5. Create an above-ground pool deck
An above-ground pool deck is similar to an in-ground deck except that it’s elevated above the ground. This means that you can still enjoy your backyard without having to worry about digging up the soil and removing any existing grass or plants. All you need is some lumber (usually treated pine) and nails for framing the perimeter of the deck and some cement for filling in gaps between boards so they don’t shift or slide when people walk on them.
6. Add a small wooden deck
Consider adding a small wooden deck to the edge of your property instead of installing a permanent swimming pool. This will give your family the outdoor space they need without taking up too much of your budget or time in maintenance. A square or rectangular shape works best for most people, but round shapes can also work well if you have enough space for them. Wooden decks are often made from pressure treated lumber or cedar boards because they’re strong, durable and easy to clean.
7. Go with a hot tub
A hot tub is a great way to beat the heat and relax in your backyard, even if it’s small. Most portable hot tubs are between 4 feet by 6 feet and 5 feet by 7 feet, big enough for two people but not so big that they’ll take up much space on your deck or patio during summer months when they’re not being used as part of your outdoor living space. Portable spas cost anywhere from $300 to $2,000 (or more), depending on size and features.
8. A Slip ‘N Slide
A Slip ‘N Slide is a popular backyard activity for kids and adults alike. You can buy one at any store that sells toys or party supplies, or even make one yourself out of PVC pipe and plastic sheeting. The watery fun doesn’t have to stop when the sun goes down, just turn on the sprinkler!
9. An Inflatable Pool
An inflatable pool is another great alternative if you don’t want to commit to an above-ground pool. These pools are usually made from heavy-duty vinyl material and weigh about 50 pounds when empty. They’re portable and easy to set up anywhere in your yard where there’s enough room for them (or your driveway if you live in an apartment.
10. Lap Pool
A lap pool is an excellent way to get exercise in your own home. Lap swimming is an aerobic exercise that raises your heart rate and burns calories much like running or walking does. If you’re not interested in lap swimming, however, you can still use your lap pool for other types of water sports such as water aerobics or standup paddle boarding.
Why should you choose this chic swimming pool alternative for small backyards?
This is an alternative to the traditional swimming pool that can be installed simply and quickly. The design is modern and minimalist, with a contemporary look that blends perfectly with any setting. The best thing about this product is that it’s easy to set up and take down. You don’t have to worry about hiring someone to do it for you, even if you’ve never owned an inflatable before!
Where should you place this chic swimming pool alternative for small backyards?
The answer is simple: on your patio or in your backyard! This pool is made from high quality materials, so it will last for many years. It’s also very easy to install and maintain, so you don’t need any professional help. We suggest installing it near your patio or deck, so that you can use these areas as pathways between the two areas. This way, when it comes time to relax outside, you’ll have easy access to both areas without having to make any special trips back and forth.
What are the benefits of this chic swimming pool alternative for small backyards?
- It is very affordable. A chic pool like this will cost you about $1,000 or less. And once you’ve installed it, there are no ongoing maintenance costs since it’s chemical-free. It’s easy to install.
- The chic pool is made from plastic so it can be easily transported and installed anywhere you want it. It only takes a few hours to set up and fill with water.
- If you have children or pets who like to play in water but aren’t very good swimmers yet, then this type of pool provides them with somewhere safe to splash around in while they get used to being in deeper water. As they improve their swimming skills they’ll be able to move on from this type of shallow water activity.
What are the pros and cons of using this chic swimming pool alternative for small backyards?
- Low maintenance. Above-ground pools are easier to maintain than in-ground pools because there aren’t any pipes or filters to deal with. You just need to keep the water clean by adding chlorine tablets every few days.
- Easy installation. Installing an above-ground pool does not require any digging or other major construction work; it simply sits on top of your lawn. If your yard is not level, don’t worry, most manufacturers offer leveling systems that adjust to uneven ground so you can install your new swimming pool quickly and easily.
- Cost effective. Above-ground pools are much less expensive than in-grounds pools because they don’t require as much material or labor during installation (and they don’t need as many chemicals either).
- Noise – One of the biggest downsides of using an above ground pool is the noise level because it uses pumps to circulate water through its filtration system. While this feature helps keep water clean and healthy.
- These pools aren’t very durable, so if you want something that will last for years then this option may not be for you.
- If it rains heavily or if there is heavy snowfall, then these above ground pools may get damaged due to high water pressure from above or from below due to weight of snow or rainwater on them. Therefore, it is important to take care of these things before installing one so that your investment does not go waste due to such reasons!
What is the price range of this chic swimming pool alternative for small backyards?
The price range of this chic swimming pool alternative for small backyards can vary from $1,000 to $4,000. This is a very affordable option compared to traditional in-ground pools. It’s not as cheap as an above ground pool, but it’s more cost effective than digging up your backyard and pouring cement. The price of a chic swimming pool alternative for small backyards will depend on the size, shape and material used.
Some of these chic swimming pool alternatives may be right for your family
Different families will naturally have different desires and needs when it comes to a private swimming pool. In the end, whether or not a particular pool type is right for your family may depend largely on your budget. However, if you’re looking for an enjoyable, naturalistic alternative to a traditional swimming pool, these chic options are definitely worth checking out.